Re: Var-free programming (slightly off-topic)

> It is the reverse.  Each additional variant makes a language more
> lightweight,as the expectation that a given program will work in any
> other context with another implementation decreases.
>
> Lightweight languages have more dependencies than heavier languages.

I think of lightweight as in "good, fast, small": I'm not using an
industrial tool that is too big for the job, and I don't get tied down
by the baggage of a heavier language.  You're using it to mean "bad,
flimsy, flakey": it doesn't have enough substance and infrastructure to
it to rely on.  Both are perfectly valid interpretations of the phrase,
but the different spins are amusing.

-m