BRL vs PHP (getting inputs)

"Ash Searle" <ash@hexmen.com> writes:

> I don't see the relevance of using prior releases.  When people
> mention Perl do they want comparisons to Perl 4?
>
> Current PHP... no need to explicitly get inputs.

I'm afraid you have it backwards: Prior PHP... no need to explicitly get
inputs.

Current PHP (4.1.0), need to explicitly get inputs under the default
configuration.  Check php.net for the release announcement.  This change
is because the prior way of doing things opened up too many security
holes.

We'll see if I get around to answering all your other replies.

--
<brlewis@[(if (brl-related? message)    ; Bruce R. Lewis
              "users.sourceforge.net"   ; http://brl.sourceforge.net/