Re: language design for handling library-complexity/learnability

One way to avoid a huge list of names is to have higher
order functions.  Instead of both member-if and
member-if-not, remove-if and remove-if-not, have just
whatever-if and complement.

In Arc we may make let people express operations on
functions implicitly by doing things to their names.  For
example, we may make foobar work as a way of expressing
(fn (a . args) (apply foo (bar a) args))), so e.g.
(eqcar x 5) would be a legal way to say (eq (car x) 5).
We'll see how it works.

--pg