Re: language design for handling library-complexity/learnability

> One way to avoid a huge list of names is to have higher
> order functions.  Instead of both member-if and
> member-if-not, remove-if and remove-if-not, have just
> whatever-if and complement.

Is there a principal reason why not the if-combinations could be
constructable as well?

> In Arc we may make let people express operations on
> functions implicitly by doing things to their names.  For
> example, we may make foobar work as a way of expressing
> (fn (a . args) (apply foo (bar a) args))), so e.g.
> (eqcar x 5) would be a legal way to say (eq (car x) 5).

I like the principle! (must think about it). How do you resolve
namecollisions? Or does atomic names have precedence? In natural langs the
parts making up a word may belong to various classes. Thus helping to handle
complicated namingschemes and making possible one-word shortcuts as well as
multiple higher-order combinates... Sorry if I misunderstood.

/Henning