Re: FP+OO

[Shriram]
> Thomas K"uhne's work is excellent.  I like it.  That said, there's
> really less of a distinction between functional and OO programming
> than the main-stream would have you believe.

Does that mean that there are mappings between the vocabularies of OO resp
FP, or that the concepts of each is built upon partly in-common more basic
priciples?

Sorry if I'm off-relevance. I am just beginning to understand (maybe) these
things, from a nat-lang perspective.

>  The one salutary benefit
> from OO is the primitive called dynamic dispatch.  Everything else is
> of questionable value.

That would need some elaboration.

So, you mean once putting dynamic dispach / generic functions into a
funlang, thats all that is useful from the OO world? Or did I misinterpret
your point?

/Henning