Re: Multiple Languages v. Multiple Paradigms

Here is a simpler question:

Why not simply package perl, python, java
together, write in your favorite lanauage and just
declare that code talks to each other plan9 style
(or some other standard abstract inter-app
interface, linda?).

Why force everyone to rewrite language
implementations as opposed simply to writing
bindings to this abstract interface.

Or, to put it another way, why is .Net a better
platform than plan9 or linda?

There was a prior post that handwaved around this
issue, but didn't really answer it.  I think you
could achieve "safety" in almost any of these
frameworks.

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-212-787-1914 voice                    1-603-288-1280 fax