Re: Scriptometer: measuring the ease of SOP (Script Oriented Programming) of programming languages

  >> BTW: Shebang is 15 points and REPL 5 points in test.  I would
  >> honor REPL more points than 5 since it affect way how scripts are
  >> developed (especially when introspection is available, e.g. in
  >> ruby I use method "methods" in IRB much when developing).

  P> I would say debuggers. A debugger with full REPL power is nice.

  P> how do people debug in python? do they really do
  P> % python /usr/lib/python2.2/pdb.py prog.py
  P> ??

Some people do that.  It's not much different from the way I invoke
gdb.  It's also possible to call pdb.set_trace() to manually set a
breakpoint in Python code.

I'm told that WindIDE has excellent debugger integration, too.

Jeremy