Re: Aspect Oriented Programming in context of lightweight languages.

On Thursday, March 20, 2003, at 06:21 AM, Pascal Costanza wrote:
> I guess you are referring to delegation patterns. The main difference
> is that aspects can be attached to more than one object and/or class
> at the same time.

I can do the same thing with typical inheritance-by delegation
prototype-based programming. Aspects appear to me to be a small subset
of the functionality of prototypes, except with prototypes you get a
both a simpler and more powerful object model instead of a yet another
one-off feature tacked onto classes.

Cheers,
Steve
Io, a small language: http://www.iolanguage.com/