Re: Aspect Oriented Programming in context of lightweight languages.

I believe that prototype based objects are undervalued compared to class based object languages.  Self,http://research.sun.com/research/self/language.html, and Water, http://www.waterlang.org/ is a good example.  If you can get beyond the XML like syntax, it is a wonderfully simple lanugage.

>I guess you are referring to delegation patterns. The main difference is that aspects can be attached to more than one object and/or class at the same time.

Yes, a single piece of advise can be applied at any join point described by its point cut.

Gregor's talk, yesterday helped divide the AOP community on this issue:
Should advice be allowed to violate "object oriented encapsulation".