Re: What's so cool about Scheme?

Off the top of my head:

-- Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs by Abelson and
   Sussman, available on-line at http://mitpress.mit.edu/sicp

-- How to Design Programs by Matthias Felleisen, Robert Bruce Findler,
   Matthew Flatt, and Shriram Krishnamurthi, also available on-line at
   http://www.htdp.org (what is it about these great scheme books being
   available for free?)

-- The Scheme Programming Language by Kent Dybvig, also (you guessed it)
   available online at http://www.scheme.com/tspl2d

-- www.schemers.org; there's tons of stuff there

-- The PLT scheme repository of papers (see http://www.plt-scheme.org)

Welcome back!