Re: Scheme mistakes (was Re: nil)

I don't think it is a good idea to conflate vectors and functions or
continuations and functions. Since they have quite different semantics
properties it makes sense to have a syntactic marker so the code is
easier for people to read.

As far as what would be lost, in a good language you lose nothing. In a
language with poor capabilities for abstraction, some abstractions get
more verbose. That is, in languages with higher order functions you can
always abstract over vector assignment or continuation throwing with a
function, but sometimes you'll have to have funny case statements in
poorer languages.

Robby