Re: Vectors as functions

mike@newhall.net wrote:

>     I don't think it's a case of "correcting" attitudes, I think you'll
> always encounter a subgroup that believes a lot of freedom is a good
> thing.

The only thing I tried to correct is the assumption that optimization
was the only thing affected by rampant first-classness.

I don't presume to try to convince anyone of wanting more first-order
*or* more first-class languages.  You're welcome to a language that
has exactly the expressive power you want.  If you don't already find
it, build it (I'm not sure of exactly what you're trying to persuade
us of here ... we all know the trade-offs initmately; we've chosen a
different point than you seem to want).  Knock yourself out.  Rock on.

Shriram