Dr. Javier Alonso-Mora, Assistant Professor
Autonomous Multi-Robots Lab. Delft University of Technology
I moved to the Cognitive Robotics Department of the Delft University of Technology, Netherlands. My new website is: www.alonsomora.com. This site might not be up to date.
My main research interest is in navigation, motion planning and control of autonomous mobile robots, with a special emphasis in multi-robot systems and robots that interact with other robots and humans. We contribute novel methods and solutions in the areas of collision avoidance, motion planning, formation control, vehicle routing, task assignment, aerial videography and human-swarm interaction. Building towards the smart cities of the future, we apply these techniques in various fields, including autonomous cars, automated factories, aerial vehicles and intelligent transportation systems.
- 07.2017: One opening for a PhD student in our group, to work on multi-robot coordination and navigation of autonomous boats and cars in urban environments. Applicants should send me their CV, transcript, motivation letter and 2-3 references [More details - PDF]. - 07.2017: I've been awarded a NWO Talent Scheme VENI grant by the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO)!! I will work on safe and socially intuitive navigation for mobile robots (intelligent cars and boats). The Amsterdam Institute for Advanced Metropolitan Solutions (AMS) is a partner in this project. - 07.2017: Journal accepted in IJRR! Multi-robot formation control and object transport. Now online: [PDF] [video] - 07.2017: Journal accepted in Autonomous Robots! Mission and motion planning with deadlock resolution. Now online: [PDF] [video] - 07.2017: Two papers accepted at IROS! Predictive routing for autonomous mobility-on-demand systems (ride-sharing) [PDF] [video] and Robust collision avoidance for Micro Air Vehicles [PDF] [video] . - 07.2017: Visibility-aware motion planning for intelligent vehicles accepted at ITSC. Now online: [PDF] [video] - 07.2017: Paper on Intelligent vehicle + MAV cooperative sensing accepted at FSR. [PDF] [video] - 04.2017: Paper on multi-view drone cinematography accepted for publication at ACM SIGGRAPH! [PDF] [video] - 03.2017: A framework for parallel autonomy, accepted at IEEE Conf. Intelligent Vehicles. [PDF] [video] - 02.2017: I am co-organizing a Workshop on Multi-Robot Systems at IEEE ICRA 2017. The call for contributions is open until March 31st! - 01.2017: Journal paper on aerial videography accepted for publication at IEEE Robotics & Automation Letters (RA-L) with presentation at IEEE ICRA. - 01.2017: Two papers, one on real-time planning for shared control of intelligent vehicles [PDF] [video] and one on Duckietown accepted for publication at IEEE ICRA. - 12.2016: Journal paper on high-capacity ride-sharing accepted for publication at Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the USA (PNAS), one of the most prestigious multidisciplinary journals. For media coverage see MIT news and CSAIL news.
|On-demand High-capacity Ride-sharing||Formation Control and Manipulation|
|Trajectory Generation for Aerial Videography||Trajectory Generation for Automated Cars|
|Pixelbots: A Display Formed by Mobile Pixels||Collision Avoidance for Aerial vehicles|
|Human-Swarm Interaction (Interactive Display)||Reciprocal Collision Avoidance NH-ORCA|
During my time at MIT I was involved in the following projects:
- Parallel autonomy and autonomous cars, CSAIL-Toyota joint research effort.
- SMart Adaptive Reliable Teams for Persistent Surveillance SMARTS.
- Mobile robots on the factory floor, funded by The Boeing Company.
- Future Urban Mobility, Singapore MIT Aliance for Research and Technology SMART.
I am an Assistant Professor at the Delft University of Technology. Until October 2016 I was a Postdoctoral Associate at the Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab CSAIL of MIT, working in the Distributed Robotics Lab. I received my Ph.D. degree in robotics from ETH Zurich, working in the Autonomous Systems Lab. I hold a Diploma in Engineering and a Diploma in Mathematics from the Technical University of Barcelona. I was also a member of Disney Research Zurich. I am the recipient of a best video award at IEEE/ACM HRI 2014, a nomination for best student paper award at DARS 2010, a postgraduate scholarship from the Swiss Government and silver medals in the Spanish Physics and Mathematics Olympiads.
Dr. Javier Alonso-Mora, Assistant Professor