[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Functional Developer as a product name

In article <199911141602.LAA29261@life.ai.mit.edu>, Jonathan Bachrach
<jrb@functionalobjects.com> wrote:

>We
>look forward to seeing your ideas!
>
>Jonathan Bachrach
>President, Functional Objects, Inc.

I'm a fan of acronyms myself - all the pure marketing names seem silly to
me (CodeWarrior, JBuilder, etc.)

So Here's a few...

CODE RAD

Compiled
Object
Dynamic
Environment

Rapid
Application
Development

"Don't just code - CODE RAD!"

This could also be shortened to:

CODER or Functional CODER
Compiled
Object (oriented)
Dynamic
Environment
RAD

"Are you a CODER?" or "Are you a Functional CODER?"

NOODLE

Next generation
Object
Oriented
Dynamic
Language
Environment

"Code smart - use your NOODLE!"
(OK, so NOODLE is a wimpy name, that's why I put CODE RAD first)

NICE

Next generation
Interactive
Coding
Environment

"When things get nasty, get NICE!"
(OK, so NICE is even wimpier than NOODLE, thats why I put CODE RAD first)

Anyway, I think the letters one has to work with are:

C (compiled/compiler)
O (opitimized/optimizing/object/oriented)
D (dynamic/development)
I (interactive)
E (environment)

Oh, that's another one:

CODIE

Compiled
Object (oriented)
Development
Interactive
Environment

(of course this could cause confusion with the awards of the same name)

Personally, I'd go with CODER over CODE RAD (especially as Functional's
product isn't the sort of drag and drop GUI builder most people associate
with RAD tools).

NOODLE would probably not appeal to the crypto-macho sensibility of most
programmers - ditto for NICE and CODIE.

Hope this helps in some way,

Raf

--