[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan Projects

Enough already

Scott Ribe wrote
> > The *right* people have to be recruited, not hired.
>
> You've just said so much that's so right, and done it in so few
words! > Do you program that well?

> ;-)

Scott:  No I don't program that well IMHO.  First I try to code as a
form of documentation, that is, everything is explicitly called out.
This way the code is a form of documentation.  For example I always use

values(resulting-object);

So that its easily seen what's going out of a method.

Second there are still areas I working into like macros, CORBA, and
general interface design.  I've been studying Shlear-Mellor methods,
for example, to better help in my analysis, design, and composition.

No, I still have much to learn, and can only be amazed before the the
people that post regularly this group :-o.

Douglas M. Auclair wrote:

>> For myself, I would say no.  Currently I'm being paid to work 100% in
>> Dylan.  The project has been very successful.  Life is good.
>> Les

> Dear Les,
> So, okay, are you going to leave the rest of us in suspense?  How
> about a company web addr, project description web base,
> PM's/technical lead's email/fax (for resumes, of course).
> Sincerely,
> Douglas M. Auclair

Well actually I'm just finishing up this project. If you don't mind I
would like to keep a lid on it until its out of beta.  I figure its
probally a 1 1/2 year project in C++, and I've had about 7-8 months
(actual time as I was pulled of for some months) at it.

We've had a management change recently (a semi-annual thing it seems).
Of course I have to now resell Dylan...not again!

I think it would be a good thing to have a list of success stories,
maybe to put into the FAQ or something.  I'll certainly post mine (if
you all aren't already sick of it).  Personally I would like show these
testimonials, or statements to the new management.  But I'm sure many
others would find this useful.  Any takers?

LEs

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.