[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Harlequin 1.2 still available?

At 9:15 AM -0400 6/6/00, Maury Markowitz wrote:
>"Andreas Bogk" <andreas@andreas.org> wrote in message
>m3og5f0zsf.fsf@soma.andreas.org">news:m3og5f0zsf.fsf@soma.andreas.org...
> > Apple Dylan had it all. Oh, how I hate them for terminating the
> > project just when the result was finally in reach.
>
>  Well I actually bought it at WWDC'96, and I have to say I understand their
>reasoning.  I mean when you consider:

I assume your speed complaints have to do with the development environment.
Such complaints were well deserved, particularly running on PPC, where the
initial technology release was running emulated.  The second TR, which was
ported to a later PPC-native version of MCL, was considerably better, though
still had a lot of room for improvement.  Recall that the TR was essentially
pre-alpha.  One of the areas where substantial improvement was needed was
in the performance of the development environment.