[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Results: finished teaching one Dylan course

"Scott McKay" <swm@mediaone.net> writes:

> Didn't Gail Zacharias just last week send a quotation from
> the inventor of Python (van Roggum -- is that his name?) in which
> he said something to the effect that Dylan is like Python, only
> so much more?

The quote is from December 1999 issue of Linux Journal. I asked about
it on comp.lang.lisp in a discussion where Python came up and the
reply I got was that the full quote is apparently:

  "Some people think, for instance, that Dylan--which I think has a
   very academic flavor--is everything Python is plus so much more."
   To which the interviewer replies "Dylan?  I've never heard of it",
   which, says Guido, is its problem.

Chris.
--
http://www.double.co.nz/dylan