[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Results: finished teaching one Dylan course

And Chris Double writes:
 -
 - [...] the full quote is apparently:
 -
 -   "Some people think, for instance, that Dylan--which I think has a
 -    very academic flavor--is everything Python is plus so much more."
 -    To which the interviewer replies "Dylan?  I've never heard of it",
 -    which, says Guido, is its problem.

And as of a few months ago, he still doesn't know anything about
it (at a conference in SF).  I recommended that he look into it
for Py3K ideas, as have others.  The ideas floated about Py3K (the
next overhaul of the language) make it look like it might be a
single-dispatch version of Dylan without the macros, and without
the - character allowed in identifiers.  The world will eventually
re-invent Dylan, poorly.

Jason

Follow-Ups: References: