[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Using Dylan for a Commercial Server

In article <87ofyislr9.fsf@teonanacatl.andreas.org>,
  Andreas Bogk <andreas@andreas.org> wrote:
> Mike Roberts <zoarre@my-deja.com> writes:
>
> Too bad. Fortunately there are more vendors of Real Computers out
> there.

Unfortunatly, not for a start-up company rooted in windows culture.
Also, Sun isn't the only company that has given us the cold shoulder.
We have a lot of difficulty getting the sales staff of "established"
companies to pay attention to us.

> I think I could also be persuaded to port Gwydion Dylan to just about
> any other decent machine that you send me :).

It doesn't matter anymore. The final decision was made for C++ <IMHO>
after some last minute FUD was obtained from someone who didn't know
what he was talking about </IMHO>. I shouldn't have gotten so hopeful
anyhow... :)

--
Mike Roberts
email <miker@artifact-entertainment.com>