[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help getting FD up and running

Mark, Chris, everyone:

Well, I looked at the autoexec file... yep it was devoid of any
references to FD.

I edited it as you suggested.  Not much improvement.  I could get one
line on the command line before it crashed.

I downloaded FD professional version three complete times and
installed it fresh.  That is it removed VirtualPC the preference
folder from the Mac.  I then reinstalled VirtualPC and Win98 each
time.

When I actually got the complete binaries (three times in all), each
installed without complaint.  I have 384 Megs of RAM in all.  I
allotted 226 to 256 Megs of RAM to Virtual PC, for each fresh install.

Each install comes up as enhanced version on the splash screen.  Is
that right?

Heck, I would consider buying a cheep PIII (a true sign of
desperation), but I'm not sure I could get it running on that either.
I haven't been able to get the commercial version of Dylan running on
any PC (real or virtual) now that I think of it... Not since HD.

Who among you has successfully run FD on VirtualPC?  What version?

Thanks,

Les

"Mark Jordan" <Mark_Jordan@nospam.btinternet.com> wrote in message news:<9hagio$qdk$1@uranium.btinternet.com>...
> "Kachina" <kachina@gte.net> wrote in message c4648c48.0106252102.7a20610d@posting.google.com">news:c4648c48.0106252102.7a20610d@posting.google.com...
> > Maybe I should re-download the binary... I can't imagine it got
> > corrupted. I presume that the integrity of the binary has been checked
> > a couple of places along the way, and at install time.
>
> I had to download FP pro 3 times before I got an uncorrupted
> binary. So it's not all that unusual ...
>
> Cheers,
> Mark.

Follow-Ups: References: