Re: Have you always dreamed of become a high payed consultant?

Alistair Maclean wrote:

> I was tortured at school by having to do Romeo and Juliet, Merchant of
> Venice, MacBeth (a clansman of mine) and Two Gentlemen From Verona. I
> plan on self-abusing myself by doing Hamlet sometime, just so that I can
> see how Guildenstern and Rosencrantz fit in. BTW, I love MacBeth, even
> though the story is an English propaganda exercise (should that be
> exercize?).

Certainly sympathize with you on the choice of plays. I was more fortunate.
We did MacBeth, Julius Caesar and Henry V. I think you could say that my
three had more appeal to snotty nosed young boys. Coupled with that the
college put on a live version of Richard II - can still visualize it.
Somebody was courageous enough to use Gustav Holst's 'Planet Suite' as
background music. Still brings tears of emotion to my eyes when I recall the
4th Movement, Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity which contains that beautiful
piece of music with the words, "And I vow to thee, my country....". And that
used as background as the ailing John of Gaunt says his famous, "This
sceptred Isle, this demi paradise....." - Zowee !. (I know that isn't a
correct quote, but can't be bothered to dig out my Shakespeare).

No, haven't got an encyclopaedic memory - just so happens I was playing
'Planet Suite' two days ago, and have the CD on my desk.

Jimmy, Calgary AB