Re: Have you always dreamed of become a high payed consultant?

Peter E. C. Dashwood wrote:

> Perhaps a little hard on Nelson, Darwin, Brunel, and Newton, don't you
> think, Alistair? (Agree about Diana, Elizabeth the First (although you have
> to admire her courage), and John Lennon (admire his ideals but still
> basically a ne'er-do-well <G>). Of course they missed the real British
> heroes who are loved by millions, Sooty, Basil Brush, TeleTubbies, Bob the
> Builder, Postman Pat, and Mr Blobby...

What about Tommy the Train - wasn't Ringo Starr the
conductor at one point?  And shouldn't the Monty Python gang
be in the top 10?

By the way, I would rate the Avengers as one of the top 10
British imports to the US (including the Beatles and Rolling
  Stones.)