Re: Dylan

There's also a commercial implementation at www.functionalobjects.com
The most basic version of this is free, and it includes quite a lot of
open source code.  Adding more libraries and its GUI toolkit costs
like $100, and that's all open source, too, once you've bought the
licence.  (Disclaimer: I am associated with FunO, but have no
financial interests in the company.)  Gwydion is great stuff, too, but
the reason to try the FunO version is too check out the interactive
environment it provides.