RE: .NET CLR? was no subject

A month ago I queried the authors of Haskell, MLj, and Mondrian as to
the status of their JVM support.  All of them had put JVM work on hold
while working on .NET versions for the next .NET CD.

Compared to JVM, .NET has support for unboxed datastructures both in
classes and on the stack, and for tail-recursion, and I hear the next
version will have support for parametric polymorphism.  It's hard to
imagine that it would be harder or less efficient to compile to than
JVM.  Specifically, the Jython compiler is fast enough and creates
efficient enough code to be completely usable for interactive
development; it seems unlikely that a Python->.NET compiler should need
to be worse.