Re: Procedures make me mad

Since it seems fairly obvious that Todd meant "mere
function" to mean "mere procedure" (not the
side-effect-free kind), this particular macro
call by Guy seems to be rejecting mere procedures in
favor of mere procedures?

Intentional bit of absurdity?  Or, more
mundanely, a macro bug?

(If the latter, perhaps this kind of susceptibility to
bugs is what incenses Todd so about macros.)

Geoffrey Knauth wrote