Don't touch that lisp!

Talk of the fear of touching the Lisp code reminded me of
the disarray of whitehouse.gov in the early days of Our
Junior President:

"...an MIT intern wrote much of the code for whitehouse.gov publications
database -- a popular document archive that's now offline -- in Symbolics
Lisp, a programming language uncommon outside of academia. 'They might
have a bit of difficulty getting that up again,' Hallam-Baker said. 'I
doubt that (the former Democratic intern) is disposed to assist at this
point.'"

[from http://www.wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,41319,00.html]

--
Kevin Kelleher <kkell@znet.com>