Re: feature incompatibilities

I had this idea awhile ago about a modal language. One that could
express programming at a high level (ie. lisp,perl), but also allow
the programmer to change modes to something closer to the hardware.
Kind of like C's ability to incorporate assembly, but on a grander
scale.  Maybe by having a scope qualifier specifying the mode.

This was born out of some frustrations I encountered while writing
some perl scripts, where I really wanted to optimize specific parts
of the program, without having to extend perl.

-billy