Re: CPS in Parrot (was: A plea for a new old language)

Vadim, thanks for the links.  Dan, thanks for the great explanations!

Two points:

"And, just to top it off, someone (no, I don't know who, so this might be
 CS Legend) once proved that you can build any control structure you can
 think of with continuations."

Anyone know more about this?  Sounds like it would be a paper worth
reading.

Also, Dan doesn't mention segmented stack architectures that are
essentially a linked list of stacklets of finite size.  With this you can
avoid most of the overhead of both stack copying (on the one hand) and
heap-allocated individual frames (on the other hand).  PLT scheme uses this
system.  There is a paper on this, but I can't find it right now.

Mike