Re: Vectors as functions

At Thu, 14 Aug 2003 20:35:24 -0400 (EDT), mike@newhall.net wrote:
>     I actually do agree that the special syntax of vectors probably helps
> reduce bugs, but perhaps in a highly orthogonal language that would
> not be a fundamental property.

One of the best things about this list is that people here realize that
such purely theoretical concerns are not the only ones that matter.
Also, it's not just the special syntax (altho it is very important) --
it's also the fact that vectors cannot be confused for other types
(either statically or dynamically); the abstraction is unbreakable.

Robby