Re: dynamic vs. static typing

Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> Pascal Costanza wrote:
>
>>c) Turing equivalence is boring. Only the stuff that goes beyond Turing
>>equivalence is really interesting in language design.
>
> No.  A lot of interesting work is focused on falling below Turing
> equivalence, too.

Yes of course, if you put it like that.

Obviously, I have been too vague here. What I have meant are things like
programming convenience, infrastructure support, social issues,
psychological issues, etc. I think that these are the important issues
in language design, otherwise we could program in assembler.

Pascal

--
Pascal Costanza               University of Bonn
mailto:costanza@web.de        Institute of Computer Science III