Re: Have you always dreamed of become a high payed consultant?

In article <b3638c46.0211250239.38efb1d3@posting.google.com>, Peter E.
C. Dashwood <dashwood@enternet.co.nz> writes
>Agreed. It has been doing so since Chaucer's time. I guess what
>saddens me is the fact that it is not being taught properly and we see
>the result in our everyday correspondence.

I wan't taught proper at school either. I was taught French grammar but
not English grammar. Just checked the spelling of Grammar (it's ok). My
OED doesn't list Grammer.

> There was a recent poll
>here in the UK (in fact, the final was last night) to find the
>Greatest Briton.

Got it on the video. I'm glad that Winnie won. Shame that the rest were
(with the exception of Ollie Cromwell) charlatans, ne'er do wells or
born/married to their greatness.

> Shakespeare made it to the top 10 but it was
>painfully apparent in the debates that most kids are not being exposed
>to him, or, if they are, they are not being helped to appreciate the
>beauty and timelessness of his writing.

I was tortured at school by having to do Romeo and Juliet, Merchant of
Venice, MacBeth (a clansman of mine) and Two Gentlemen From Verona. I
plan on self-abusing myself by doing Hamlet sometime, just so that I can
see how Guildenstern and Rosencrantz fit in. BTW, I love MacBeth, even
though the story is an English propaganda exercise (should that be
exercize?).

--
Alistair Maclean

Algorithmic, heuristic, sadistic