Re: Have you always dreamed of become a high payed consultant?

James J. Gavan wrote:

> Robert Graham wrote:
>

>>Donald Tees wrote:

>>>Anybody that would put the Rolling Stones in the same sentence as the
>>>Beatles ....  well ... I don't know that I'd trust their taste in Cobol
>>>either ...
>>>
>>>Donald
>>>;<)
>>>

>>VS-COBOL-II, but I have no "sympathy for the devil"  :)
>>...and after all, the Rolling Stones are a lot like COBOL
>>programmers (and the Energizer Bunny), still going, and
>>going ...
>>Whereas the Beatles (my all time favorite group) are a lot
>>like COBOL programs, "legacy". ;)
>

> The thing about 'legacy' is that it is proven and resilient and lasts. Now
> hum 10 Beatles songs for me. Now do the same for the other mob fronted by
> that Neanderthal man !
>
> Not my theory but one proposed by a Londoner who used to be over here in
> Calgary. The four cheeky chappies took Britain by storm back in 1963. But
> they were from the 'provinces', although Liverpool has a place in its own
> right. Somebody in the nation's capital felt 'affronted'. "Gor blimey mate.
> We can't 'ave these bleedin' Scousers takin' over. We betta form a group of
> Londerners".
>
> Jimmy, Calgary AB

I was visiting Scotland in 1962 when the Beatles were making
  all kinds of waves.  I saw them on a program (or in
British - a programme??) called Make It Or Break It, where a
pile driver was used to smash the loosing record (looked
like a variation on American Bandstand with construction
gear thrown in).  Needless to say, the Beatles won.  The
song?  She Loves You, which everyone on the plane back was
singing.

Instead of humming, can I at least put in "ONE" and let John
  & Co. do the singing? :)