Re: So, what the heck is a continuation anyway?

On Mon, 10 Dec 2001, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> Still, the tack I'm taking with the engine is to make as much as reasonable
> part of the core. Yeah it violates the "small, simple, and elegant"
> principle, but that's OK with me. :) The more functionality, and the more
> advanced functionality, that the core engine provides, the less low-level
> annoying stuff people need to do. That leaves more time to do interesting
> things.

So why not just translate/compile python/perl to scheme?
It seems like Scheme already has all the features you want.
Then you just work with the scheme people to optimize it to execute
python/perl.

I know this was sort-of asked before, but I'm not sure I understood the
answer.

-Alex-

S. Alexander Jacobson                   i2x Media
1-917-783-0889 voice                    1-212-697-1427 fax