Re: So, what the heck is a continuation anyway?

On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 09:33:07AM -0500, Matthias Felleisen wrote:
> The archives do not explain why a VM in C that happens to execute Scheme
> byte codes does not work for Parrot-hosted languages. Research would, but
> I doubt you'd care. -- Matthias

I have absolutely no idea where you're coming from now.

The original question was "Why don't you compile Perl to Scheme and use
a Scheme VM?", and I replied that it was non-trivial to compile Perl
to Scheme.

You're now asking "But why don't you use a Scheme VM!".

Well, duh, because I'd like to run Perl. And it's non-trivial to compile
Perl to Scheme. Which was the original point that you responded to.

And even if I *could* compile Perl to Scheme, why would I write my own
Scheme VM in C when there are plenty of perfectly good ones out there?

--
Sometimes when you fill a vacuum, it still sucks.   -Rob Pike