Re: what is the problem?

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 04:24:10PM -0500, KELLEHER,KEVIN (Non-HP-Roseville,ex1) wrote:
> One could look at each language as an attempt to solve a particular problem.
> I've listed a few below, and probably got some wrong.  It would not be hard
> make a satirical version as well (see each language as an attempt to
> *create*
> a particular problem).

Many of the academic languages I see emerging these days seem to be
attempts solely to solve the creator's lack of a Ph.D. Whether this
constitutes solving a problem or creating one depends on your viewpoint.

--
When your hammer is C++, everything begins to look like a thumb.
    -- Steve Haflich, comp.lang.c++