Re: what is the problem?

Simon Cozens wrote:

> Many of the academic languages I see emerging these days seem to be
> attempts solely to solve the creator's lack of a Ph.D.

That's a pretty ambitious gauntlet to toss down.  I'm happy to pick it
up.  Please list three of these languages.  (Note that the ones you
list have to be academic and lead to PhD theses -- I'm not interested
in Joe Blow's Open Source language.)  Pointers to the actual
dissertations would be appreciated, so we can make sure we agree on
what we're talking about.

I presume, btw, you will list languages emerging from dissertations at
reputable universities, such as yours, not podunk places (an American
phrase that I don't know how to translate across the Atlantic).

Shriram