Re: LL3 hotel suggestions

On Wed, 5 Nov 2003, Peter van Rooijen wrote:

> Any suggestions for a hotel that is located conveniently with respect to the
> place where the workshop is taking place and/or where we can be expected to
> enjoy the social events afterwards, will be greatly appreciated.

For folks coming in from out of the area, you should know that the venue's
only a few blocks from the Kendall Square stop on Boston's subway. The
map for the system's at
http://www.mbta.com/traveling_t/schedules_subway.asp for anyone looking.
The subway itself's nice enough, so any hotel convenient to a stop would
be worthwhile. (I'd avoid the busses in general if you can, as they're a
pain to deal with)

I wouldn't try driving in the Boston area on a weekday unless you've
appropriate experience (taxi driving, demolition derby driving, and
homicidal sociopathy all work well in this circumstance) as they're a bit
of a mess. On the upside, they do express a very Lovecraftian
non-Euclidian geometry if you're a fan of that sort of thing...

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk