Re: More on dispatching by function return type

[ apologies to joe, who will get this twice; I always expect lists to
   set reply-to to be the list. ]

Joe Marshall wrote:

 > But this is just leading us to a situation where we'll have to design
 > a type language expressive enough that one can reason about classes of
 > output based on command line switches, and that isn't particularly
 > on subject.

This has already been spotted in the wild; in aspectj the behavior of a
class depends on which other classes occur on the command-line.

If PL were a democracy, that would appear to be the right way to do it,
as I suspect aspectj's users outnumber haskell's by some margin. (I've
done absolutely no research to back this up tho).