[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Dylan's direction

James Dominy wrote:

>  I personally like
> the idea of dylan becoming an important web technology. Other
> languages like java, javascript, perl, python, etc. have enjoyed
> much success lately mostly due to their web tie-ins.

The web market is over-crowded, and the major players are well-established.
Dylan's strength is probably application/tool building rather than as a
replacement for Servlets, althoguh the web can be an important proving-ground.

>    I'd like to hear other people's opinions on the future of dylan
> and where people think we should focus our efforts.

XML. If we have a socket library, an HTTP library and XML we have the web,
XML-RPC and serialization to XML.

- Rob.

Follow-Ups: References: