[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Browser gadget sugguestions for a DUIM app

oodl@my-deja.com wrote in message <8d7pm5$vkq$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...
>In article <RmFJ4.28573$Of2.990273@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>,
>  "Scott McKay" <swm@mediaone.net> wrote:
>>
>> Note that Deuce -- which you can use as an ordinary user library --
>> supports styled and colored text, embedded graphics, selection,
>> scrolling, pop-up menus, etc.
>
>I had already installed Deuce, but it doesn't seem to have any
>documentation.  Am I missing something?  I sure can't find any
>documentation for the library.

There is no internal documentation for Deuce.

You can see examples of styled text in Deuce in its internal help page.
You can see examples of colored text in Deuce if you use the the
optimization colorizer.  They're very simple, but the divider lines and the
little icons in the left margin of Dylan files are first-class graphics.  As
I said, integrating Deuce with HTML isn't a day's job.

>The project "standalone-deuce" doesn't show off any of those
>capabilities which you mentioned.  I wasn't even aware of them.  Deuce
>has the advantage that it will be cross-platform eventually (hopefully),
>right?

All of Dylan is cross-platform!

Deuce is interesting in that its UI is segregated from the rest of the
code.  You could write, say, a Gtk back-end for Deuce, then compile
it with something like d2c, and reasonable expect the resulting code
to run anywhere.

Follow-Ups: References: