[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Browser gadget sugguestions for a DUIM app

On Sat, 15 Apr 2000, Scott McKay wrote:
> >In article <RmFJ4.28573$Of2.990273@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>,
> >  "Scott McKay" <swm@mediaone.net> wrote:
> >>
> >> Note that Deuce -- which you can use as an ordinary user library --
> >> supports [...lots of things ... :-)]
> [but] integrating Deuce with HTML isn't a day's job.

To be honest, I don't think Deuce is a great basis for a full HTML
browser, although it could be extended to suffice as a simple HTML display
gadget.  Because its display is centred around lines (within nodes), I
think it would be far from simple to extend it to cover all the
positioning attributes in CSS2; even proper support for HTML table layout
wouldn't fit in too neatly.

If I had lots of spare time, I'd be tempted to write a Dylan wrapper for
the Mozilla core ... :-)  In the meantime, for Win32 platforms, wrapping
the MS "Internet Explorer" control is probably the easiest thing to do.

Hugh