[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Harlequin 1.2 still available?

Hugh Greene wrote:

> Seriously, do you mean "I wish Apple were doing Java stuff"?  Or "Haven't
> you noticed, Apple *are* doing stuff in the software development area, but
> with Java"?  Or "The rise of Java made it seem not worthwhile investing in
> Dylan again"?  Or ...?
>
> And why no mention of Dylan?  You could've at least cross-posted to a Java
> or Apple group! ;-P

I meant to parody the completely narrow-minded, tunnel-vision, ignorant,
foolish obsession this industry has with Java. Java is the only answer.
Java is the answer to all questions. Java is the way, the future. There
is no need to consider any other technology because Java is the best fit
for all needs. If it is not Java it is by definition inferior, hence we
are by definition wasting our time here.

It feels really weird watching this mass delusion from the sidelines...
I mean I know that any industry is prone to fads, because there's always
more sheep than there are thinkers, but this just seems so extreme...