[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help getting FD up and running

Hi all:

Once I got the *word* from Gary that FD won't work under VirtualPC (at
least version 4.0) I went to plan 'B'.

I was able to acquire (not own) a 667 Mhz Celeron computer.  The whole
thing costs about $180.  I loaded up FD2.0 Professional Bundle and it
installed perfectly, and easily.  I had attempted to install it so
many times in VPC that I knew the routine well.  It compiles all the
appropriate examples well.

Although VPC won't work, it does seem to be fairy quick.  I would
guestimate that VPC runs about the same MHz as a regular PC in
emulation.  So maybe I can hold hope out for the MacOSX version of
VPC.

I must say that I see many improvements made to it since I had last
used it (HD2.0b).  Its been a while but it seems there are a lot more
relevant examples provided, and other
goodies.

Its sooo good to be back to Dylan.  For me, once you have worked with
Dylan on any substantial project, other languages (mainstream at
least) are unacceptable.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Les