Re: Have you always dreamed of become a high payed consultant?

Peter E. C. Dashwood wrote:

> That was fascinating, Ed. I knew that Guy was a very old name and I watched
> a couple of the "Blood of the Vikings" episodes, but I didn't know about the
> genetic problem.
>
> Given the family history or pillage and plunder, you'd have to be a
> contractor, right <G>?

Was once (now officially "retired", but still developing software and flogging it over
the web).  I worked with a Ukrainian chap whose ancestors were Cossacks.  We used to
joke that his family were raping and pillaging across Eastern Europe while mine were
doing the same across Western Europe.  ("Guy" is derived from the Germanic "Wido" which
means "From the Woods" - which explains my interest in family trees - half my family
were in them!)

--
Ed Guy P.Eng,CDP,MIEE
Information Technology Consultant