Re: LL3 hotel suggestions

       I used to be a subway snob, too! :-)  I've since discovered that
the MBTA busses are underrated.  Actually the ones that run frequently
are not a pain to deal with, and there is one great one to know of for
those coming from out of town (or locals still not familiar with the
busses): The #1 bus that goes from Harvard Square down Mass Ave runs
every 10 minutes for most of the day, and stops right in front of MIT's
main entrance, and goes straight to the corner of Mass Ave & Huntington
in only a few minutes (except it takes longer at rush hour of course),
which is only a few minutes walk to Northeastern & the Scheme workshop.
It's cheaper, faster, and one fewer transfer than commuting between
Northeastern & MIT via the Green and Red lines.