Re: LL3 hotel suggestions

[copy of private response that should have been public]

MIT has an excellent list, with special rates (no special ID required),
at http://web.mit.edu/cao/www/hotels2003/cambridge2003.htm.  By my
rating the most convenient hotels (mostly also on the MIT list) to the
LL3 building in order:

Level 1: Both less than 10 minute walk, and on Red Line subway
(downtown, Harvard Sq, one connection to Northeastern)
- the Cambridge Center Marriot at Kendall Square
- the Kendall Hotel
- the Cambridge Center Residence Inn by Marriott

Level 2: 10 min walk, but 10 min walk from subway also.  Advantage: On
bus route (#1) that goes near Northeastern U (Scheme workshop location)
- Hotel @ MIT

Level 3: 20-30 min walk, but 5-10 min walk from Green Line subway that
also goes to Northeastern, downtown
- Hotel Marlowe
- Royal Sonesta Hotel
- Radisson Hotel Cambridge

Level 4: 0-5 min walk to Red Line, must take subway to MIT
- Sheraton Commander Hotel (Harvard Sq)
- Omni Parker House (luxury) (downtown Boston, on Common) (also on Green
Line, for Northeastern)
- any other hotels near Boston Common or Harvard Square have same
convenience