I am Co-Founder and CTO at care.coach. I received my Ph.D. in Computer Science from MIT CSAIL in 2015, where I worked with Hari Balakrishnan in the NMS group. I've also spent time at Qualcomm and Microsoft Research India. I received my master's in Computer Science from MIT in 2012 and my bachelors in Automation from Tsinghua University in 2009. My research interests include Computer Networks and Mobile Systems.
- Glimpse: Continuous, Real-Time Object Recognition on Mobile Devices.
Tiffany Yu-Han Chen, Lenin Ravindranath, Shuo Deng, Paramvir Bahl, Hari Balakrishnan. ACM SenSys 2015.
- Intelligent Network Selection and Energy Reduction for Mobile Devices.
Shuo Deng. Ph.D. Thesis. MIT EECS.
- WiFi, LTE, or Both? Measuring Multi-Homed Wireless Internet Performance.
Shuo Deng, Ravi Netravali, Anirudh Sivaraman, Hari Balakrishnan. ACM IMC 2014.
- Virtual Companion.
Victor Wang, Shuo Deng. US Patent US20140125678, 2014.
- All Your Network Are Belong to Us: A Transport Framework for Mobile Network Selection.
Shuo Deng, Anirudh Sivaraman, Hari Balakrishnan. HotMobile 2014.
- Computing Device to Detect Malware.
Hsu-Chun Hsiao, Shuo Deng, Babak Salamat, Rajarshi Gupta, Saumitra Mohan Das. US Patent US20130247187, 2013.
- Multi-Network Control Framework for Mobile Applications.
Shuo Deng, Alvin Cheung, Sam Madden, Hari Balakrishnan. ACM S3 2013.
- Choreo: Network-Aware Task Placement for Cloud Applications.
Katrina LaCurts, Shuo Deng, Hari Balakrishnan. ACM IMC 2013.
- A Plan for Optimizing Network-Intensive Cloud Applications.
Katrina LaCurts, Shuo Deng, Hari Balakrishnan. MIT-CSAIL-TR-2013-003
- Traffic-Aware Techniques to Reduce 3G/LTE Wireless Energy Consumption.
Shuo Deng, Hari Balakrishnan. ACM CoNEXT 2012.
- Reducing 3G Energy Consumption on Mobile Devices.
Shuo Deng. Master Thesis. MIT EECS.
- 6.02 Introduction to EECS II: Digital Communication Systems, TA, Fall 2011
- 6.867 Machine Learning (Fall 2009)
- 6.830 Database Systems (Fall 2009)
- 6.863 Natural Language Processing (Spring 2010)
- 6.829 Computer Networks (Fall 2010)
- 6.840 Theory of Computation (Fall 2010)
- 6.824 Distributed Systems (Spring 2011)
- 6.897 Cloud Computing Seminar (Spring 2011)
- 15.401 Finance Theory I (Spring 2012)
- 15.402 Finance Theory II (Fall 2012)
- 6.S078 Entrepreneurship Project (Spring 2013)