Re: what is the problem?

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 05:06:00PM -0500, Shriram Krishnamurthi wrote:
> That's a pretty ambitious gauntlet to toss down.  I'm happy to pick it
> up.  Please list three of these languages.  (Note that the ones you
> list have to be academic and lead to PhD theses

 SAC, Single Assignment C.
"Single Assignment C --- Entwurf und Implementierung einer funktionalen
C-Variante mit spezieller Unterstützung shape-invarianter Array-Operationen.
", Sven-Bodo Scholz, University of Kiel, 1996.

Bigwig (http://www.brics.dk/bigwig/) is Claus Braband's PhD effort at
the University of Aarhus. He's not written up yet.

Popping over the pond and briefly cheating, Borneo was a Master's project
for Joseph Darcy at Berkeley.

Oh, and of course SELF was Craig Chambers' thesis:
http://www.sunlabs.com/research/self/papers/chambers-thesis/thesis.ps.Z

That was three and a bit. Would you like me to go on?

--
Gu sa-sur bi nu-ha-za sila-a KU.  -- Sumerian saying