Re: Have you always dreamed of become a high payed consultant?

Robert Graham <rgraham2@nycap.rr.com> wrote in message
3DE21BB6.4010504@nycap.rr.com">news:3DE21BB6.4010504@nycap.rr.com...

> Well, Shakespeare may not be so far off topic.  One time, I
> resigned from a job where the manager was a ********.  In my
> letter of resignation I quoted from Hamlet -
>
> "If we treated every man after his just deserts, then who
> would escape whipping."

I'll never forget the ICL COBOL manual, written sometime in the late
60s/early 70s, which said:

"Future implementations of the DIVIDE verb will permit the use of the
REMAINDER construct. "'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished." "

(It was obviously written by some poor English Lit. graduate who was
DETERMINED to get MacBeth into COBOL.

Now, see, if that had been me, I would have used another of MacBeth's
soliloquys: "We are but teachers preaching bloody instructions, which, being
taught, return to plague th' inventor...This even handed justice commends
our poisoned chalice to our own lips." Now doesn't that sum up programming
and debugging perfectly?  And good ol' Willy wrote it 400 years before
computers were invented! Don't tell me the man wasn't a genius...<G>)

Pete.

                http://www.usenet.com