Re: Have you always dreamed of become a high payed consultant?

Peter E. C. Dashwood <dashwood@nospam.enternet.co.nz> wrote in message 3de7f76a_1@Usenet.com">news:3de7f76a_1@Usenet.com...
> Well Hugh, it was late and I was relying on memory. I'm prepared to accept I
> may have wrongly ascribed it, but I have always believed it was from Omar
> Khyaam.

I do understand.  I was just tweaking you gently,
given the myriad spellings of Omar's name floating around,
and the veritable plethora of variations of the title of the piece.
.
It was indeed The Rubáiyát of Omar Khayyám,
published some 900 years ago.

> Would you like to set me straight? I'm interested to hear whether you are
> going to ascribe it to Robbie Burns <G>

Touché.

"Then at the balance let's be mute,
    We never can adjust it;